Thursday, March 25, 2010

The End of Cute Shoes?

I love shoes. I could spend hours just trying on different shoes. I particularly like brown shoes with the big chunky heel. On Saturday I had to dress nice for a special occasion and wore some particularly favorite shoes of mine that I hadn't worn for a while. After walking a block in these shoes my feet started hurting and by the end of the day, they ached like I'd just run a marathon. My feet have been hit hard by my arthritis. There are days when I get out of bed and can barely walk, I literally feel like I'm 80 years old. I think I try to block out what is happening to my feet because it scares me more than anything. If my feet get really bad than I won't be able to walk anymore and I don't like to think about how my quality of life would change if that were to happen. Anyway, after Saturday's attempt to wear cute shoes didn't go well - it kind of woke me up to the reality that I need to make sure my feet have the most comfortable shoes to wear. Today I am cleaning out my closet and getting rid of all my cute but extremely uncomfortable shoes! My feet deserve better than that. I'm sure there are cute shoes out there that are also comfortable, I just need to spend some time and find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment